Print in Texture : Texture in Print – The combination of print and texture is the mainly concept in my print design for Evans project. The texture is inspired by the skin of architecture, the print comes from the close shots of our nature world – the record of the nature’s looks. When we look at the print; I hope the print is not just the flat pattern, instead, it can be considered as a part of the texture; which means it can be touched and felt. Garment becomes a new skin – throught the intergration and combination of texture and print – Print in Texture : Texture in Print.
We have finally made it! On our way to the SSAFA charity fashion show, which takes place in Blandford camp on Thursday (2nd May) evening, it’s our very pleasure to be able to involve in this meaningful event, and contribute our specialty. Can’t wait to see the show as well as our works on the runway 🙂
To be continued…..
Tuesday was the design selection / first review for Evans project, all the allwalks group members and the students from Level 6 did their betst to present an exciting and an impressive presentation to our client / guest Rebacca. Good to have her visiting, all the selected students will move to the next stage with the new task which gave by Rebacca. There will be another sifting to cut the number of the selected students to 4-5 in two or three weeks, then will be the final judgement to decide who will win the the prize, and being offered a one month placement in their London office. Keep working hard 🙂
Our last model is a size 18 lady, the material we found for this design was a size 20 used black dress with white lining and the decorated plastic zip which is attached along the neckline. In order to keep the dress looks modern, clean and elegance, I took off the white lining and plastic zip, and insert the loops with string at the back to give the flexibility of adjustment in size. A side of the dress skirt is creased to create the effect of drape – the drape is covered by a handmade chiffon rose as the decoration; it was my very first time to utilise chiffon to create a flower; this took me nearly a night to finish it – yeah, so unefficient 🙂 Good to see the dress fits our model well, she looks confidence and gorgeous.
The second evening dress is a one piece high waist dress which is combined by the black sleeveless jersey top with the pleated high waist skirt, and covered by a cape look overclothes. The cape look overclothes is originally a wool jumper which is in a very vintage style with knee-length hem and dolman sleeves. We found this pretty wool jumper in a vintage shop, in order to give it a new look, and make it looks modern; we cut the sleeve to short, and shorten the jumper’s length to the place above the waist line. The jumper looks much more like a smart cape after the modification, when it covers on the dress; that gives layer to the outfits.
It’s a productive week; we dye the sample for both dresses, make a laser cutting and finally dye the dress to the light burgundy. After we finished the dying, I start to stitch the leather panels that with laser cutiing pattern onto the both sides of the dress, as well as the fabrication of collar which is made by the cartridge belt. We are pretty happy that we made it, and looking forward to seeing the dress being displayed on runway. Still have two dresses to go….. Keep working hard!